What You Should Know About Hearing Loss
- Hearing loss is prevalent, The Better hearing Institute states that 1 out of 10 Americans have a hearing- loss that’s more than 34,000,000 people.
- A large number of people with Tinnitus (ringing in the ears) can be helped with masking devices worn like hearing aids.
- Hearing aids develops later in life, come on slowly, is permanent, and often gets gradually worse.
- The vast majority of Americans (95%) with hearing loss, have their hearing treated by hearing instruments.
Hearing loss indicators
If you agree with one or more of the following statements, it may indicate the need to seek a complete hearing screening.
- You “favor” one ear over the other
- You have been told that the TV is too loud.
- You have difficulty following conversations in groups and noisy places.
- You ask people to repeat themselves especially women and young children.
- Hearing from a distance is more trouble than it used to be, such as in a church or theater.
- Family and friends have commented on your inability to hear.
“Ears 2 U Hearing Aid Services has been nice and helpful to me for many years. I appreciate this help and service..” – Obbie Dickey, Del Norte